The Application Process
We know the application process to get your child into a good pre-school or daycare can be stressful! We are here to help. You can apply to your local LSF Head Start by completing the steps below.
Families must meet current Federal Poverty Guidelines in order to qualify for Head Start/Early Head Start.
Children in foster care, children experiencing homelessness, and children from families receiving public assistance (TANF, SSI, or SNAP) are categorically eligible for Head Start and Early Head Start services regardless of income.
The following guideline figures represent annual income.
|PERSONS IN FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD||POVERTY GUIDELINE|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,480 for each additional person.|
Parents must provide the following documents when applying:
- Birth Certificate (Proof of Guardianship/Custody if applicable)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Income for the past 52 weeks or previous calendar year (i.e. pay stubs, W-2, 1040, statement from employer, etc.)
- Documentation of child’s disability (if applicable)
- Photo Identification of Parent
* Though not required at time of application, the child’s up-to-date physical exam and shot record must be on file prior to placement at a chosen center or family child care home.
Apply Online: Online applications are available for all counties. Click on your county now to see the different online applications available.
Apply in Person: Download the application and drop it off the at the main LSF Head Start office in your county.
Duval county offers Early Head Start and Head Start services for children 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Jacksonville, Florida 32207
Hillsborough county offers Early Head Start services for children 6 weeks to 3 years old.
Tampa, FL 33614
Pinellas county offers Early Head Start and Head Start services for children 6 weeks to 5 years old.
Largo, FL 33771
Palm Beach county offers Early Head Start and Head Start services for children 6 weeks to 5 years old.
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Belle Glade Area (PEPPI) Head Start services for children 3 years to 5 years old.
Belle Glade, FL 33430